Client Manager – SEO Technical
Salary: Offering up to £35k DOE, plus profit share & benefits package
Joining our ever-expanding SEO team, you will be representing clients such as Signet, Durex and Joules. All while supporting various stakeholders, including marketers and developers, with on-going technical changes. Continuously updating your own knowledge is vital and sustainable growth in client performance is a key part to this role.
You should be passionate and highly technical, most likely in (or have been in) a web development role. You will need to be a proactive, strategic thinker with excellent project and client management skills.
- Leading the SEO element of eCommerce site launches and migration projects
- Working collaboratively with our eCommerce and user experience team on evolving our owned media approach
- Full technical site audits, including clear recommendations for change
- Supporting the development of our client’s keyword strategies through understanding how consumers search
- Reporting, analysing and troubleshooting client performance
- Identifying opportunities and gaps within clients’ backlink profiles and cleansing where required
- Understanding the latest algorithm changes and how these apply to our clients
- Training new team members and ensuring we deliver to SEO best practices
For 18 years Summit have worked with some of Europe’s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to make more money from retailing online. Our purpose is simple and commercial: to make it more likely that people buy from our clients than anyone else.
Our unique online retail ‘value chain’ provides our clients with deep expertise across the disciplines required to trade online: Strategy, eCommerce, online marketing, trading and logistics. With 150 staff working across the UK and Europe, we are passionate about helping our clients transform their business opportunity online by thinking and acting differently.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate technical expertise and advice to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience in on-page health-checks and audits
- Appraisal and recommendations of HTML5 and CSS to SEO best practice
- Demonstrate support of a migration/re-platforming of an enterprise level ecommerce site
- Able to monitor site performance across a range of industry wide SEO tools including Linkdex, Moz and Google Webmaster Tools
- Experience using tools and techniques to develop a holistic keyword strategy, combining appropriate data
- Previous development experience including programming languages; PHP, .NET and XML are desirable
- SEO experience either agency or client side
- Strong technical background, with experience of working with leading ecommerce platforms such as Magento
- Usage of leading CMS platforms such as Wordpress or Drupal
- Knowledge of analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Coremetrics & Adobe
- Google Analytics Individual Qualified
Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK. No agency CV’s accepted.